My 8 Biggest Workout & Nutrition Mistakes (DON’T MAKE THEM)
Donâ??t make mistakes, make gains - http://athleanx.com/x/all-gains-here Subscribe to this channel here - http://bit.ly/2b0coMW
I have been working out long enough to have made plenty of workout and nutrition mistakes. Iâ??m not ashamed to admit that. In this video however, Iâ??m going to share the eight biggest workout and nutrition mistakes with you so that you can hopefully avoid making them yourself and can start seeing nothing but gains.
They say the biggest mistake is not making one, but not learning from it when you do. I want to be sure you learn from each of these so I break them down one by one. Some of these mistakes deal with my nutrition while others deal with training and even mental mindset.
1. Dietary fat intake was too low - I actually started to see detrimental health effects from making this mistake at a young age. My eyes were intolerant to light and my skin was drier than the Sahara Desert. My gains had slowed to a crawl and my hormones were likely way off balance. If you find that you are lacking energy the first place you might want to look is to adding more healthy fats to your diet.
2. Substituted hard work for supplementation - This is something that shows how naive I was when it comes to training. Now donâ??t get me wrong, adding high quality supplementation to a solid nutrition plan and smart, hard training is the holy grail of lifting. It provides the greatest results. One plus one plus one does not equal three in this case, it equals ten. That said, you cannot think that supplements are going to undo the wrongs you are making if you simply wonâ??t train hard or eat right.
3. Muscle Magazines - Donâ??t get me wrong. Muscle magazines were my source of education and inspiration for starting down this career path and love of lifting in the first place. That said, the models I was inspired by were not necessarily following the same supplement regimen I was! Be careful who you turn to for guidance. You may be making the same mistake I made, except this time online rather than via the pages of a magazine.
4. A to B rather than enjoying the pain of A to Z - If you want to build muscle as quickly as possible you must stop focusing on the rep as the currency of your workouts. Instead, focus only on the quality of the rep and you will start seeing much faster gains. It doesnâ??t matter what your goal is in your training at the moment. The quality of that rep has to match up with what you are trying to achieve and only then will your results be attainable.
5. Ignoring the value of Plant based nutrition - This is something that was again engendered in me at a young age. My mentors stressed starchy carbs and protein (because I was skinny and needed to put on weight). By neglecting the importance of plant based fibrous carbohydrates I was neglecting one of the most valuable sources of micronutrients needed to compliment and fill in the gaps of a complete nutrition plan. I got over my aversion to these foods and the gains were almost instant.
6. On the wrong side of the VOLUME / INTENSITY spectrum - This is one that can be summed up in one quick statement. You can either workout hard or you can workout long but you cannot do both. Opt for intensity over half assed volume any day and you will see much faster gains.
7. Exerphobia - The exercises that cause the greatest amount of trepidation before doing them are almost always the most beneficial. Donâ??t steer away from an exercise just because you know that it is harder to execute than a single joint exercise that you can do on a machine much more comfortably!
8. That said, every exercise is not right for every body. Some biomechanical differences between individuals can make one exercise perfect for one and impossible for someone else to perform in good form. Get creative and take chances on coming up with new ways to hit your muscles without compromising your long term health.
For a complete workout and nutrition plan that helps you to avoid the mistakes by laying everything out for you step by step and meal by meal, head to http://athleanx.com and get the ATHLEAN-X Training System. Start training and eating like an athlete and see better results, faster.
For more videos on how to build muscle and how to eat right to build muscle and burn fat, be sure to subscribe to our channel here on youtube at http://youtube.com/user/jdcav24
Video Length: 15:40 Uploaded By: ATHLEAN-X™ View Count: 1,158,233
Chewable Protein Tablets Vanilla (120 ct) - Proteinex
(3 out of 5)
Our Price: $24.99
Proteinex Chewable Protein Tablets 120 Tablets per Bottle
Proteinex Chewable Tablets is a predigested protein source, which means that the product is already broken down to its amino acid portions that the body can easily absorb and utilize.
Benefits from Proteinex Chewable Tablets are:
Provides a convenient chewable source of protein, 6 grams per dose (6 tablets).
May be used by bariatric patients with food and liquid intake restrictions.
Convenient chewable form..
Protein source: hydrolyzed protein
Promotes healing of wounds or repair of tissues.
Helps to prevent tissue breakdown.
Does not contain fat, sugar, phosphorus or carbohydrates.
Good taste (Vanilla).
Long shelf life.
Chewable Protein Tablets Vanilla (120 ct) - ProteinexReviews by Customers Average Customer Rating: (3 out of 5)
The most horrible thing in the world! by Angela on 6/25/2014 Oh my gosh, I cannot begin to explain how bad these things are, its like chalk that melts into a thick blob of horribleness!
DO NOT BUY!
YUCK! by Oregon Girl on 4/24/2012 These are awful! I had to give them a 1 star rating because you're not allowed to give no stars! I tried two and they are so bad! They are super chalky and they turn into cement on your teeth - I had to brush my teeth to get it off! I am returning them! Don't buy them! The fruit flavored drink mixes taste great, and have few calories and more protein.
Not so good by Peachy on 1/28/2012 Tablets did not taste good.
Workable by Tia on 1/25/2012 It was certainly a different taste, but I chew them with my other chewable vitamins and I can't taste the protein tablets. I would certainly recommend it to others.
Tastes like freeze dried marshmallows to me! by lmktacwa on 12/26/2011 PEOPLE! The bottle says CHEWABLE...They are way huge to be swallowing whole, and whoever was trying to just let them dissolve on the tongue...please see the label on the bottle where it says CHEWABLE!
I don't know if these things "work"...its only been one day. I do however have one with each time I eat a meal or a snack, and frankly, they taste pretty good to me. I enjoy munching them. They have good "crunch" factor. They are similar in texture and taste to the "charms" in Lucky Charms. If you can handle Lucky Charms, you can handle these.
Please contact us to submit your review for Chewable Protein Tablets Vanilla (120 ct) - Proteinex.
MY WEIGHT LOSS STORY
This is my most personal video ever. I hope you are able to take something positive from my story ... whether you are struggling with body image or something ...
Video Length: 11:29
Uploaded By: Tati
View Count: 1,086,379
How To Develop Healthy Eating Habits
Expand the description and view the text of the steps for this how-to video. Check out Howcast for other do-it-yourself videos from Equilibrio and more videos in the Better Health category. You can contribute too! Create your own DIY guide at ...
Video Length: 01:39
Uploaded By: Howcast
View Count: 648,855